So it's been a really long time since my last post, but alas, I was mostly without internet access this summer due to camp and reason yaadeedah and whoopdeeloop. However, I am now in Maryland, setting up my new apartment with some new furniture, dishes, and the like (yaaaay financial obligations...) along with getting ready for school starting in a week and teacher training starting Monday.
"That's quite a whirlwind of events, Abby," you must be saying. Well, yes, yes it is... I interviewed for this job on Tuesday afternoon and within 10 minutes had been offered the position, accepted, and was packing to leave. My mom was able to come out with me (for which I am sooo grateful!) and we left Wednesday afternoon and arrived here Thursday. I spent about 5 hours doing paperwork on Friday and then went and saw this apartment, got it, and moved in this morning! It's crazy, but now that I have a place to stay, have met a few people, know my way around at least a little bit, and am becoming more organized by the minute, my mind is calming down and I am becoming slightly more confident about my job. I hope I can be a great teacher!
1 comment:
Abby,
How exciting -and encouraging- to watch God at work! Thanks for sharing this blog. We're praying for you, and looking at the calendar to put together some options for when we can get together. After all, we are only 2.5 hours away, and the trip is a nice one!!
Blessings-
Uncle Jim
Post a Comment