After reading James 2:1-13, I have been challenged (and challenged myself) to apply the charge of not showing favoritism in the way I can right now - with my students. I tend to think I'm a somewhat unbiased person and generally a fair teacher, but still being pretty green, I know I have my shortcomings.
"Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?... Love your neighbor as yourself." James 2:5, 8
Reading that yesterday, I was so excited to start this week off on a fresh outlook but of course, as soon as I set this goal in mind, it becomes not so simple - this was a challenging day for me heart-wise with my kids. It was tough, but good because it helped me realize how much I really do care for them! Now the challenge is keeping it going!
No comments:
Post a Comment