Lesson #1 this week: surprises happen all the time.
Now, I know as a teacher, that this should really be no surprise (hahaha - punny!) as I deal with about 5,203,432.44 unanticipated events per day, but after my surprisingly amazing mid-year evaluation yesterday with the administration, I was really astonished - both at how well I have been seemingly doing and at reflecting upon last year and how much I have changed and learned as a teacher. I think that is one of the big rewards of teaching is that you never stop learning! And much like my students, I'm not always learning what I want to. If I had a choice, I would be studying more French or maybe an Eastern European language like Romanian or Czech. However, I am stuck learning how to put on a "teacher face" and kicking kids out of class - neither of which comes naturally, but is slowly becoming ingrained.
Lesson #2: God's timing is His own, not yours, Abby. Silly goose.
Again, something I already head-know, but need more lessons for my heart to realize this. Finding a new church is difficult! And a year and a half into the search, is not going much better. Part of this, I realized, was frustration on my own part and attempting to take over the search. But a good bout of venting and much more prayer should help. It is not a situation to be "solved", but a time in which to grow.
1 comment:
Having been a teacher, I'm surprised at your comment regarding '5,203,432.44 unanticipated events per day." The "5,203,432" I can understand. It's the ".44" that has me baffled. I would have thought it would be closer to ".726". Boy you have it EASY!!!
Excellent post . . . and concept. I'm looking forward to how The Master will be working in your life.
By the way, your search for a church is NOT unusual. As more and more congregations are led by their 'shepherds' to center on the idol of "Self", there will be a famine of the Word. So sad.
Blessings on you as you submit to your loving Shepherd, and allow Him to feed you.
Jim "One-of-Five" L.
Post a Comment