Desperately needing some humor after taking yesterday off to go to a foreign language teaching symposium in Baltimore (meaning I had to get up really early, did not get home until about 12 hours later, and sat in a chair allllll day), I looked up a few Dave Barry columns and found one about France and silly French people in general.
However, despite sitting around all day (which made me very sleepy), the speaker at the symposium was very excellent and I have lots of new ideas to try out - some of which I will be starting this week, others of which will wait until next year when two of my classes have only had me as a French teacher and I won't hear, "Well, Ms. So-and-So never did it this way," every other breath.
And today with my upper-level classes, we talked about Haiti both from colonial times and its connection to France (and now possibly Senegal) and the government, etc. of recent years. It was actually a good discussion and some of my students were really interested in the situation there. Also, we started brainstorming a master plan to get more students to take French (possibly t-shirts for the 8th grade open-house??) If you have ideas on how I can get more kids to want to take French, please let me know!
And read the column, it's very funny.
1 comment:
1. Dave Barry is awesome
2. If you want more people to take french, make french exactly like german, a much cooler language
Post a Comment