Friday, January 15, 2010

Encouragement

After watching CNN and BBC for hours and hearing all that is going on in Haiti, I was really in need of some encouragement (and hopefully am passing it on) and came upon Isaiah chapter 41, which is titled, "Fear Not, For I Am with You."

"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

"When the poor and needy seek water,
and there is none,
and their tongue is parched with thirst,
I the Lord will answer them." - Isaiah 41:17


I particularly enjoyed these verses although the whole chapter is great, these two seemed particularly applicable and encouraging. I already was very familiar with verse 10 as it is a verse I often use to encourage myself when I am feeling lonely (it happens when you're not living in a dorm anymore), but verse 17 hit the nail right on the head.

No comments: