Friday, February 12, 2010

Promises

Today I spent my devo time reflecting on all that is good and right in my life - all the blessings that God has bestowed on small, undeserving me. God has given us so many amazing promises of his love that we forget when things get tough or when we are focused on other things. It is so unbelievably true that when we finally look to God and focus on Him that all other things fall into place.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.




And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life



See the promises that the Lord has given us and be encouraged! We are so precious to him and he holds us tightly in his hands - nothing can separate us from that love. (See Isaiah 43) I could write so much more, but the point is - be strengthend, encouraged, and loved. With Valentine's Day approaching, this is so appropriate - who is a better example of love than He who loves us so much that he would sacrifice himself?

3 comments:

dad said...

What about a dad who despite all that he has done wrong still has the opportunity to read and see God's fingerprints on the gift that He gave develop into this wonderful humble women?

Samigrl said...

this really did encourage me. thanks for telling me about it.

Claudia Gerwin said...

Thank you, honey. I needed this so much today!

s.m.