Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Accomplishment

And yet again I fail at blogging every day, but I did make it 3 times this week so far (counting today), so that's better than nothing!

Today I did lots! I finished my lesson plans for next week and my instructional assistant will be thrilled that I can get her my things to be copied tomorrow! Yay! I also did some errand-running, cleaned my entire apartment - afterward I realized that I really, really needed to open the windows because of the smell of the cleaning supplies. Hooray for non-suffocation!

And I am starting to realize the advantages of cable TV - I found a movie about Moliere in French! Yay! I feel like I'm doing some sort of research for a lesson, even if I'm not. Makes me feel accomplished with all I got done this afternoon.

Funny language-y thing: being accomplished (perhaps I'm thinking of this because of the film) used to be applied to people in the way that they have many skills, chiefly used to be women. Today, I am accomplished as well, but not because of my amazing skills, rather because I got an amazing amount of stuff done. (Obviously I'm not accomplished for my grammar or my language skills right now....)

No comments: