Monday, October 12, 2009

Life as We Know It

Four and a half months after the fact, I am just now fully realizing that life as I knew it before is over. Yes, there are remnants of my life as a student from before (how funny it is to hear that!) like old college books, student teaching materials, and of course, friends.

One thing I have discovered though, is how blessed I was through my schooling experiences - high school, college, etc. And how strange it is to not be surrounded by people going through the same stages of life you are. It's very different, humbling, and sometimes disorienting remembering that the people I'm working with are so much older than I am , have so much more experience at their job, and some have kids my age or older. Weird. It's just very strange and hard for me to get used to following 16 years of being with people my age, going through the same transitions and growth. So it's pretty safe to say that life as I knew it is over and I'm the same sized fish, just in a much bigger pond.

No comments: