Friday, March 19, 2010

Links of the Day!

And following reading some cool news stories online, I thought I'd post links to my favorites/the ones I thought were most interesting.

The Animal that can live forever!


Sketching All of NYC

Warren Buffet: Born to Rock

I particularly liked the second one. I feel that while some might think it's a pointless project, I think today we spend too much time on the internet and not enough time interacting with people. Well, someone could argue, "How is drawing them interacting? He [the artist] doesn't know them; he's never talked to them. This isn't a picture into their life." But I think that taking a step away from the TV, the computer, and one's thoughts and instead stopping to "smell the roses," or in this case, notice others is a step in the right direction. Maybe we all shouldn't draw everyone we meet, but stopping to notice the tired-looking mom at the grocery store and opening the door for her or even paying for the person behind you in the drive-through will help spread the love and care we are commanded to show others:

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." - 1 Peter 4:8

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10

No comments: