Thursday, March 25, 2010

Les bonnes nouvelles

And today I officially have a career on some sort of track. I had my final summative evaluation with the principal, vice-principal, and my supervisor from the Board of Education. On the evaluation itself, the box labeled "re-employ" was checked! Yay!

After talking about next year a bit, I have been guaranteed at least a .83 position (what I have now) along with the fact that I will have TWO, read it, TWO French I classes! That means I won't be teaching Earth Science next year but I will have at least one class out of content area - I requested English both on my form for classes next year and in the meeting (and gave my reasons), so hopefully I will get 9th grade English. This way, even if I have to teach outside content area, at least I have other teachers to collaborate with!

So pretty much this week has turned around - yesterday I was getting ready to label it a bad day (which almost never happens) but I refrained and today's meeting has definitely turned things around for this week and also next year! Woohoo! And this obviously has nothing to do with the fact that spring break starts tomorrow... hahaha. :)

No comments: