.... or as it can also be called: a deluge, a flood, glut, many, much, an overabundance, an overflow, overkill, overmuch, plenty, profusion, superabundance, superfluity, surfeit, surplus... Yep, that's right, I haven't updated in a while and as a result find myself torn between many subjects for today. So, I thought I'd just do a mix of things and we could have a fiesta of different thoughts! Ooo fiesta - a good word and also a fun word.
First, I had my last observation of the year today! This is very exciting news as I will soon find out if I will be rehired for next year! I wasn't expecting to be observed so soon after the last one (about a week and a half ago), but now it's over and done with. Phew!
Second, I have about 40 students convinced that I am the cousin of one of my other students. Discovered this fun trick while subbing this afternoon - one kid (a loud but funny one) mentioned I looked a lot like another student in the class who I have for French III. I remembered her family is originally from IL so I said, "Right, because we're cousins." Immediately, he checked with aforementioned French student, who, glancing at me, confirmed the tale. Even her close friends in the class believed. And talking about it after class, we think we'll try and keep it up the whole year. :)
Third, and probably last, I'm starting to really really look forward to this summer. Now that the weather is almost in the 70s I'm getting so excited about being able to go out hiking and walk down to the beach (not that I'll be going swimming anytime soon, mind you).
My mind is much like a sieve - I have lost the many, many thoughts that were vying for my typing attention at the beginning of this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment