Boo for fire alarms going off at unseemly hours. I was just about to hop into bed right about midnight when all of the sudden I could hear the alarms starting to go off and travelling down the hall towards my room (kind of a cool Doppler effect like the ice cream truck going by in the summer). This lovely sound was accompanied with even lovelier shouts of dismay from the residents and then our individual alarms in our rooms went off (soooo loud). So I grabbed my coat, scarf, blanket, book, shoes, and went to wake up Amanda (who is in the middle of student teaching and goes to bed much earlier than I do). We got outside - it was freezing and I was glad for my blanket - and then after about 10 minutes got shunted down to the chapel, where I just spent the last hour and 15 minutes.
The firemen unfortunately have to search every single room in the building and with this being the largest women's dorm on campus, there were about 400 of us in the chapel. The rest of the girls were probably in the SAC or library. And the chapel, being the lovely Gothic stone building it is, is not warm. Yay fleecy warm blanket! Thankfully I grabbed my book for Thursday so I got some work done. It turned out to be a freshman girl's Christmas lights that had sparked an electrical fire and her hall had to stay behind to get lectured by campus safety and the firemen on fire safety or something like that. Now it's 1:15 and I am back in my room soon to go to sleep with no interruptions....I hope....
No comments:
Post a Comment