Tuesday, December 9, 2008

To Root, To Toot, To Parachute


What a fun name for a book! Amanda came back to the suite this afternoon with this book, and as a languagey person, I thought it was really hilarious. The pictures are great and here's an excerpt: "To root, to toot, to parachute, to play the flutophone or flute, to dare, defend, descend, disturb - if it's an action, it's a verb! Sweep your sidewalk, paint your curb, and know each action is a verb! Have and has belong here too, like 'I have green eyes, she has blue.' Or 'Mindy has a mini mutt.' These verbs can tell us who's got what!" Haaa, what a great book. (Either that or my brain is fried from too much writing papers these past few days.)

And tonight, hopefully I will have my book read and my paper and outline written, so then I can go watch Prince Caspian for CSL, for which class it was green and red day. Yay for an auditorium full of people wearing Christmas colors!

No comments: