Monday, February 11, 2008

Abby is four jars of peanut butter and a huge bag of Skittles

Well, can't complain. I am now connected with (the non-perishable) American foods I missed. I got a nice flat-rate priority mail box today while at work as the bibliothecaire. It was so exciting, but the opening part of the package was sort of ruined by the customs form on the outside that listed everything that was in there. Which, in retrospect, was good because otherwise I would have so ripped it open last Tuesday and then had a big, open box on the bus - not the best idea.

Today was also my second time having classes at the Fac, which was a much different (if not still mind-numbing) experience. The weather was great - Jess and I left a full half hour later than we did two weeks ago and were still half and hour early, so we took advantage of the very sunny 60-degree weather and chilled outside for a while. I wish we had had pastry.

Tonight's dinner was one of the best I have had since I got here - a delicious potatoe-ham-pickle salad, chicken curry (yay!), and a really, really, really good kind of cheese. I know my dinner is not super-interesting, but I thought it was so great it deserved a hurrah! Also, nothing else was interesting except today was one of those days that seems like 3 days in one - sooo long. I am going to snack a bit on my newly-aquired beurre des cacahuetes and then head off to bed. Hopefully my sleep will seem to last as long as this day did...

1 comment:

Claudia Gerwin said...

Glad you waited to open the box! There would have been a riot on the bus as people tried to scoop up the PB and skittles! Your dinner sounded good, too. You'll have to ask Mme. V for the recipe for the salad, unless you think you can recreate it!