Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Schwarze-what?

Yesterday, well, the wireless I have been "piquering" off of turned off around 9, when I was busy watching Double Detente, a movie from 1988 starring Jim Belushi and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Except my host mom was pronouncing his last name French-like when she was asking me if I wanted to watch it with her at dinner and I couldn't understand her at all - whoops. We eventually sorted everything out, but it was quite a puzzle for about 5 minutes. The movie was alright - not amazing, but my host mom and I had a lot of fun trying to predict what will happen next and just making fun of some aspects of the movie in general.

Also, last night was club de conversation and we had a grand time - more and more French students are coming and less American students. So the IES students who are still here have more of a chance to speak French. Last night we talked about facebook and other social networking sites which lead to a very funny conversation about eharmony.com and dating sites, which don't really exist in France. The French students were so taken aback at the prospect of looking for a husband or wife online - they hadn't really even thought of the concept before. Which, I don't personally agree with the idea, but it was funny trying to explain it.

Today was lots of class and a three hour nap in one of the chill rooms here at IES (yay!). Then tonight is just I don't know, reading? Not too much planned. Maybe another Schwarzenegger movie...

No comments: