Les poissons, les poissons,/ How I love les poissons! /Love to chop and to serve little fish!
First I cut off their heads,/Then I pull out their bones,/Ah, mais oui, ca c'est toujours delish!
No, I'm not on a Little Mermaid run, although I could do with seeing that particular song again - it makes me laugh hysterically. (found at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rdk2IrA0Hm0) I am, however, on a HSM2 run (or at least the DJ in my head decided that was the theme for today). I did get a package today in the mail (including a note!). It was from my good pal back at GCC, Gretchen - let's all give her a rousing round of applause for being such an awesome friend! She sent a package of goldfish (which are called "poissons rouges" in France) and lots of good chocolate and those little Valentine's Day hearts that have stuff written on them like, "UR A QT". It made me a little homesick and sad thinking about all the things I'm missing back at the Grove this semester - especially with my senoir friends that are graduating! :(
I got my midterm for grammar back and got a 14/20, which I realize isn't all that great in American grading terms, but here it's pretty darn good. You only get above a 16 "if you're god," said my grammar prof, so I like to think I did well. Then after the most mind-numbing translation class (during which I turned in my essay), I was treated to a film about Charles de Gaulle (that following the most mind-numbing reading of 44 pages on constitutional law in France this morning during library duty - and we didn't even talk about it in class! Pooey.)
No comments:
Post a Comment