Thursday, February 7, 2008

New from Nantes!

Alright, I'm going to try and keep a blog from France since I have not been so good about writing in my journal and I'm on the computer a lot more than I should be. This is mostly for my own benefit to record things worthy of note as well as for people (like Mom) who want more than weekly updates.

Today was not exactly a very exciting day - nothing out of the ordinary. However, I did get to sleep in until almost 9:30, which was a treat after being at the center for almost 12 hours Monday and Tuesday each. This morning, while waiting for the bus, I also saw Julie on her bus going by and then on the way home (while I was on the bus) I saw Julie walking - it was a reverse. Imagine that - the most exciting thing that happened to me today was seeing another IES-er on her bus and then from mine. Woo.

Also, yesterday while going to Monoprix to get lunchfoodstuffs, I went snooping around the stores downtown because they are all having ridiculous 80% off sales to get rid of all their winter things. So, being practical, I went looking for a lighter-waterproof-wintery coat for Spain. Something that is not my heavy woolen one at least. Well, after bouncing around about four stores, I found a really nice military blue/grayish coat that was originally 40 € and I got it for six! I am so excited with my amazing beating-the-system skillz, even now I look at the coat with pride.

This is plenty for today and I still have to get the hang of lots of these features (I must inquire of my blog-meister friends how to do certain things). See if you can get the irony of the title of my blog ... I thought it was quite witty.

1 comment:

Claudia Gerwin said...

Very nice, and very informative. This looks like something you could keep up after you get back home!!