"When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
-Carol L. Riser, Autumn
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
-Carol L. Riser, Autumn
Yay for myGCC posting this on the log-in page. I heartily agree. Autumn is the best. All the fun colors, the brisk wind biting at your nose, thick woolen sweaters (and being able to say 'woolen'! what a great sort of word), hot tea, blankets, and the lovely autumn smell. Yay autumn!
And yet, I can't completely agree with the little poem because I have never (to my remembrance) seen a woodchuck. Nor have I seen one chucking wood. Are they particularly autumnal animals? Was there a woodchuck at the first Thanksgiving?
Speaking of, it was Thanksgiving tonight in the cafeterias on campus. The title was "Ethnic Adventures: 1621, The First Thanksgiving Meal". Hahahaha! Why, oh, why does Bon Appetit feel like it needs to hype it up? I think that may be my very favorite meal title thus far this year. There was another really good one in September, but I can't remember it exactly right now and I don't want to ruin the punniness. It was very punny.
No comments:
Post a Comment