Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mary, Mary, not contrary

And drum roll please..... (dundundundudndudndudndudndudn)..... Mary came to visit this weekend! Well, actually only last night into today, but it was great - going to Orchesis, catching up, being with my 'roommate', talking about how amazing the Lord is - yay! It was so great to see her and have our funny times together making funnies. Oh, so fun. ("I've kind of been sinking down into your bed for a while, Abby...burrowing in, like a chigger. Except I don't cause inflammation." - this was said after I'd been telling her about camp.)

In a really fun flashback experience, when I walked into Hicks for dinner tonight, there was a table of people that broke into singing 'Flea', a wonderfully fun (and sometimes annoying) camp song. I miss camp.

This afternoon, once Amanda got back from taking her Praxis tests, we headed down to the Coffee Grove and sat and talked for a while - just reflecting on Mary's year abroad, Amanda's friends and family, our friendship with each other, and it all kept coming back and centering on how incredible God is! Our Lord has everything planned for us - down to the tiniest little occurrences, which is such a blessing!

"For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands." - Psalm 92:4

No comments: