Woohoo! The first presidential election in which I have been able to vote. (Boo that I didn't get a fun sticker.)
Tonight was first spent watching the Disney version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - such a good movie, such an amazing soundtrack. It was really nice to just escape real life for a bit and also take advantage of the great sound system and large screen in Sticht and bask in the wonderful imagination that is Narnia.
Then I came back to real life and attempted to do some reading whilst watching the election coverage from around 9pm-12:45am down the hall. Pretty crowded, but not nearly as crowded as the SAC, and it came with good food too. We also had US maps which we could color as the different states' polls closed and were declared. Then listening to McCain's speech and finally Obama's speech (with a ridiculous amount of close-ups on Jesse Jackson and Oprah crying; excuse me, but can we look at the president elect please?), and now I'm going to attempt to call it a night. We'll see if my brain cooperates on shutting down for a bit.
Good news: did well on my quiz for CSL this morning and got my French midterm back. Dr. Leon said my French has become much more sophisticated in the past few months. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment