Monday, November 10, 2008

Francofollies

Francofollies, the yearly talent show for students of French at GCC, is finally over! It's kind of bittersweet for me - every year I've been in the play and this year I got to organize it along with some of the rest of stuff for National French Week (which is still going), so tonight was kind of a culmination of sorts of all the work I've been doing the past couple weeks and all the experiences I've had as a French student the past four years. I'm glad it's over - that means more than 5 hours of sleep a night this week (!) but at the same time, a chapter (albeit a very small chapter) of my life is closed. No more setting out the Boursin, brie, creme puffs, eclairs, cranberry punch, and crackers on a cold Monday night in November. No more listening to bagpipes, songs, piano etudes, and poems. No more being in the play. No more watching the can-can (I missed you terribly this year Erin!). Sigh.

On a brighter note, this was the best Monday I could ask for to start off my week! I knew that tonight I'd be pretty much tied up, so after class and lunch, I came back to the room, grabbed my stuff, and went down to South Rec to hunker down and get those pesky observation reports written while doing laundry. Look at me multitask! Then upon finding yet another spider (this one was quite big and kind of hairy), I vacuumed again.

So my clothes are clean, my room is clean, most of my observations are written, and my John Wayne poster is finally hung back up after a three-week hiatus leaning against the wall while I tried to figure out how to hang up the wooden back without nailing something into the wall. (Command strips were already used in abundance and couldn't do the job.) My solution ended up working out, or has so far... hopefully no late-night crashes will happen again.

No comments: