Saturday, March 22, 2008

3-day Weekends Should Have a Theme Song

Well, since I haven't written since my uber-exciting Thursday, I shall cover both Friday and today in this special-edition 2-for-1 blog post.

Friday was just as exciting as Thursday. Except.... I finally, finally, finally saw Enchanted!!! Woo! My host mom and I watched it together last night and it was sooo cute! I am now on an extreme Disney kick and listened to lots of Disney music last night before falling asleep.

Today, I slept in a little (first Saturday in about 2 weeks I've been able to do that) and then went and met Laurel at Commerce for a little store browsing. We ended up walking over to Bouffay and the pet store again. (The crazy chipmunk was still there and this time I had my camera so I was able to take a movie.) Then we went to the cute discount shoe-store and I bought a replacement pair of black flats for the pair that is pretty much worn out from all the walking I do in them here. We walked up rue de Calvaire and all the fancy shops there and then shopped for a bit at Monoprix getting dinner food. We caught the 51 back to the apartment, met up with Julie, and just hung out for a while talking, listening to music, and watching some sbmail - Strongbad makes me laugh. Then we watched the Matrix (so much for my Disney kick) and had some lovely sandwiches that my host mom had made (so much for the dinner food we bought too - I'll just use it for lunch next week). We also had a super-yummy dessert, a kind of no-bake rose-rum cake covered in melted dark chocolate. Mmmm. It was a good way to end the day.

No comments: