Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Ahead!

This weekend was officially the time change to "heure d'été" or "summer time" in France. Yays. Actually, not yays because I have an 8am on Monday, make that body-time a 5:30am wake-up alarm and a 7am class. Boo. Also boo to my unproductiveness over the weekend as far as my devoir à la maison is concerned. I'll just have to really buckle down tomorrow and research, type, and work. I also saw "Astérix et les jeux olympiques" this weekend with my host mom - it was a little hard to follow sometimes with all the puns, but I did get some of them and it was very entertaining with lots of cameos by famous French singers, atheletes, and other celebrities.

Yays for Julie and me finally finalizing our Germany plans for the first week of Spring break! We're going to Strasbourg (which I realize is not actually Germany) for 4 days and I'm going to see Mary there! Many, many, many yays!!! Then we're going to Rothenburg ob der Tauber (which is actually Germany) for 5 days (one day will be spent in Ansbach visiting where Julie's family is from) and then we split up and Julie heads to Zurich to visit her sister and I'm off to Strasbourg and then Paris to meet up with my mom! More yays! Yays for us figuring out how to work the Deutsche Bahn website and more yays for us booking our hostels for all except one night, which is currently in negotiations with the hostel reception.

In all, there is very much to be thankful for, not including my non-motivationalness. Which reminds me, I should maybe get to work. Perhaps. Possibly.

No comments: