Oh! How good it is to finally be back home - and how nice it is that my blog is virtually updated!(Trust me, doing three long blogposts in one afternoon is a lot; I feel for professional authors now.)
This morning, we all got up, checked out amist lots of loud little French kids and their fathers who were staying at the hostel to go see the football game that night, and made it to Barcelona -Sants Station in time to sit around, eat some sour strips (mmm), and catch the 11:25 train to the aeropuerto.
Once we got the the airport, since we were there so early (our flight was at 2:15), we also had the joy of sitting around waiting for our terminal and gate to be posted for about an hour. I sadly was very entertained by the seran-luggage-wrapping station not too far away from our seats. Why would someone get their luggage seran-wrapped? To deter thiefs? To make it waterproof? To bypass security searches on checked luggage? To protect it from a viciously drooling dog? Just a few things one may contemplate while sleep-deprived and easily amused.
The flight back to Paris was pretty non-eventful; no outrageous flight attendants or anything, and Orly was quite nice (I'd never been before). Then a quick 9 euro bus ride to Montparnasse and we were ready to leave ... a full hour before our train. So what next, say you? What else but dinner of course! Chicken salad sandwiches are particularly good fare, and the pigeons definitely agreed with me when I dropped a bit.
Thankfully the TGV back to Nantes did not hit anything and we got back exactly at 21:02, when we were supposed to. I came to the conclusion during this long ride, that little girls at least are the same in France. She was about 8 and adorable, minus the kicking (but when have little kids ever kept still?). Her French was so cute to listen to and knowing that I understood her and her parents was nice after being in Spain and not understanding a whole lot for such a long time. It's good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment