Monday, March 17, 2008

Top o' the morning to ya!

What does an American student in France do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, you ask? Well, they don't dye their rivers green or anything crazy like that here, but I did wear green today. After many long hours of class, I left translation halfway through to go grocery shopping and also because I had all the work I needed already and the class isn't counting at GCC so I thought for the first time ever I am going to ditch a class. It was a thrill. What was even more of a thrill was finally going to see Juno. I went and saw the version originale with two other IES-ers at the Katorza because this past Saturday, Sunday, and today was "Cinema Weekend" in France - 3,50 euros for any movie, anytime, any movie theatre. We capitalized on that most definitely.

After the movie was over, we walked over to Bouffay together to meet up with some people at John McByrne's, the local Irish pub. It was packed, but in a good way - there were tons of people out on the street and about 5 bagpipers playing, everyone was singing and drinking lots of Irish beer. They were also giving out some prizes like ridiculous shamrock-covered hats. We saw a few Erasmus students from our translation class there and a bunch of French students we've met at conversation club. I didn't stay out too late, mind you, because I have class at 8:15am tomorrow morning. Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments: