Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fantastic Friday

This time, not only is the illiteration there, but it really was a fantastic day! First, I had grammar like usual and then after that, lots of procrastination, and finally lunch, Julie and I went to Le Lieu unique to see an art expo they have there. It was really interesting and quite funny. I liked it a lot and snagged a few brochures.

Then the best part of the day: we went to a pet store. Guess what mom? I got a baby hamster! No, not really. Hamsters kind of give me goosebumps, but I did look at loads of cats/kittens and lots of really, really, really, really, really, really, really cute puppies. It was a little slice of heaven for me. There was even a little chestnut-colored shi-tzu who was getting beat up on by a husky puppy, how cute. We also saw a cage full of chipmunks. No, I didn't stutter (how could I? this is a blog.): chipmunks. One of them was going totally crazy and Julie took a video so I'll see if I can get it and post it soon or something. I could have stayed there all day watching the animals, and I would have if I hadn't had to get back to IES for the castle tour.

And what came next, you ask? What else but a tour of the museum of, "Duchesse Anne, Chateau de Duc de Bretagne." (Yay tram lady voice!) It was more like a history of all of Nantes, but it was very cool to see how the town changed, and especially after WWII (Nantes was pretty much destroyed by all the bombing.).

Also, happy pi day to all my mathy-minded friends. I unfortunately did not have pie today, but I did have a slice of quiche, does that count?

No comments: