Monday, March 3, 2008

Rain on the Plains

"What I wouldn't do to have an 8am back at GCC," is something I never thought I would ever think on a regular basis. But, an 8am class that does not include a 45 minute commute sounds lovely to me. No getting up before the sun rises, waiting in the cold and the dark for the bus. I suppose I shouldn't be complaining because it's really not that cold here, but compared to 75 degrees of sunshine in Spain, the rain on the plain of Nantes is not getting any appreciation awards. Oh well. I guess the early mornings are preparing me for student teaching and beyond, right? At least that's what I like to tell myself these days.

I am back in France and classes officially started up again today at a very early 8 o'clock in the the morning. It was almost nice though, being back from running around Spain to a real, daily schedule! Until, that is, I remembered my midterms this week. Pooh.

All in all, not too bad: one Tuesday, one Thursday, one next Tuesday and Wednesday each. And the mystery midterm of Translation II - whenever that will be. The professor told us yet again today he doesn't know... well, Monsieur, if you do not, who does?

On a bright note, I got a letter from a friend back at GCC! It was a lovely surprise coming back from vacation to early classes and have a letter waiting for me!

No comments: