Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pleasant Valley Wednesday

Speaking of Monkees, my Religion professor must have about 10 pairs of eyes and hands because he graded all of our 4-essay per student midterms after we took them yesterday morning. It was a little scary getting them back so soon; I wasn't prepared for it when he said, "J'ai tous les examens pour vous." Eek! Turns out I did alright except on one question, which is fine, but I kept mentally kicking myself for the rest of the day over it, "If I'd only gotten more points on that one I could have gotten an A+!" Oh well, I guess that's the inner Grover in me, eh?

The rest of the day was pretty boring minus my lunch - noodles, tomatoe sauce, and freshly-chopped green olives! woo olives! My Monoprix shopping skillz are becoming quite good. I felt so extravagant this week spending 8 euros on food - the most I've ever spent for my IES lunches during a week so far. It turns out noodles are super, super cheap here and they sell this almost instant kind that works well in the micro-onde. Much nicer than cold bread and cheese for lunch every day! All in all, today was quite pleasant and quiet if not just tired and lazy in general; the only darkish spot was me bringing some letters to friends from home with me to drop in the poste today and then realizing I didn't have any money to buy stamps with! Duh! It's okay though, I'll just do it tomorrow.

No comments: