Thursday, March 20, 2008

What I've Learned

Since today was a little boring, I will not be writing about my wonderful time in class, but rather a small list of things I've learned (some serious, some funny) so far here in France:

- Boulangeries in the same neighborhood take turns being open on Sundays

- nothing is open after 9pm except bars, restaurants, and movie theatres

- small children are the same everywhere

- so are middle school students

- the French aren't cold in person, just very particular about their privacy

- the French know cheese

- and bread

- if you walk fast and look like you know where you're going you may get asked for directions. many times

- the cutest shoes are in Europe

- scarves aren't just a fashoin statement (like the cute, European shoes) but a necessity

1 comment:

Claudia Gerwin said...

This sounds a bit like Bob Collins' recording! You should add to it as you go!

silly mom