Thursday, October 16, 2008

Worth

Tonight, All-Campus worship was great. (Also great, but not-as-great, was me working on Logic for a solid hour!)

We had a speaker (I already forgot his name) but he graduated from GCC in '95, and is now a pastor near Pittsburgh. He spoke on how we are always of value to God no matter what. In a very, um, poignant (? not sure of the work I'm looking for here...) example, he said if he gave us $100, we would take it - even if he crumpled it up, stepped on it, chewed on it, etc. Because, no matter what he is doing to that $100 bill short of completely destroying it, it is still worth one hundred dollars. Just as we still hold worth in God's eyes - He sent Jesus Christ to die for us - we were and are worth it.

I would have liked him to elaborate a little more, but with the 20 mins he was given, he did a great job.

God is so good!

No comments: