Friday, October 17, 2008

Kentucky, the 'foreign land'

I know, what am I thinking? An update in the middle of the day? Outrageous! Just as outrageously funny as this ad I just saw on facebook. Now I realize that the ads are specially targeted to you based on your interests, race, sex, etc. but seriously - this was too funny. It said, "Teach in a Foreign Land!" and underneath it was this picture of Kentucky on your right. I know that I'm a Yankee and don't have a southern bone in my body (except maybe on the Virginia relative side? y'all?), but Kentucky is a 'foreign land'? Haahahaa. I do know that it was probably advertising getting an education in Kentucky to teach in a foreign country, but the catch line plus the picture made for a very funny literal interpretation and a hearty guffaw.

Things have started to get really busy now that it's officially Friday afternoon and a lot of people are done with classes. This means lots of organizations are starting to set up their tents and play loud music for Homecoming. All this running around is making me stressed out and I'm not even doing anything! I am excited for this weekend though - it should be great!

Also, just checked my mailbox and got my C.S. Lewis midterm back and got a significantly better grade than a C! Finally, all that studying pays off! And a surprise box of honey crisp apples from Wisconsin from my mom arrived - mmm. Now it's really autumn.

No comments: