Mmm. Yays for a good, warm, fall-ish dinner at Hicks tonight: mashed potatoes, gravy, roast beef, and sweet corn. Yum.
This morning my church had Don Piper (author of 90 Minutes in Heaven) come to speak. He was very straightforward and honest, something I appreciated after my initial, gut-reaction skepticism of the story. I still want to read the book before I make up my mind about it though (which will probably be my project for over fall break).
Following a brunch which featured banana nut muffins(!) I went back to my room with the goal of completing my homework, only to read two chapters in my book and fall asleep for 3 hours. Oh dear. I guess I needed it though. Then lots of work and dinner followed plus some grading for Mme Trammell and here I am, watching Whose Line clips on youtube. Also, good conversations with my dad, Laura, and Summer were sprinkled throughout today. I have never been on the phone so much in one day! It was wonderful to talk to them and hear what's going on in their lives.
And recently I have been learning about how it's so important to not only give ourselves up fully to God (I posted about it I think a week ago or so? Not sure now...) but also to not put God in a box. So often we have expectations that limit what we believe God can do. How it should be is us giving up all to God and going out on that limb not knowing what is going to happen, trusting in him and his plans for us. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
No comments:
Post a Comment