Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not on vacation...yet

Tonight will be a very short post because I'm up quite early tomorrow morning for teaching! Yays! I'm so excited! I get to teach a 40 minute review lesson on counting from 0-31. Lots of bingo and prize stickers are involved. Thank goodness 'excellent' and 'bravo' are the same in English and French - it means I inadvertently had French stickers.

So today was great - my mind was mostly already on vacation. I understood completely the new lesson in Logic and then took a fun civic literacy test in Issues. I scored way above average at 76.67%. If you have 15-20 minutes to spare and want to take the test to see how you compare, here's the link: http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

I then spent an hour in the Curriculum Library finding ideas for my lesson and typing it up. Fun times. The rest of the day was a little more hectic with everyone (except me and the student teachers) leaving for Fall Break, making the materials for my lesson, practicing it, and spending a while writing letters.

Now it's time to sleep and get psyched for tomorrow. Though not both at the same time please.

No comments: