Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let it snow!

Last night, I was so close to going to sleep and some guys walked by my room shouting (sort of singing) Good King Wenceslas. I had no idea why on earth they were thinking about Christmas music so early, unless of course, they were like me and are big fans of Christmas! Then I woke up this morning, looked out my little window, and saw this:

Snow! In October! Yay! It was so great walking to class and getting all that snow in my face. Well, not really. But it was exciting. I hadn't seen snow since last December when I left for France, so this was fun - the smell, the cold wind (didn't miss that so much), the soft sound of snow falling. Poetic.

Tomorrow is finally my last midterm. French Cinema. Not much studying will be happening tonight since our class was cancelled yesterday 10 mins after we were all there, so we decided to just stay and study instead. That ended up being around 25 mins of studying out of the hour and 15 mins class period. "They don't have Zambonis in France." I haven't laughed so hard in long while.

1 comment:

Claudia Gerwin said...

Well, you can tell that winter is just around the corner when the grass at GCC turns white and the students go out and slide down hills on cafeteria trays!!! I know that didn't happen this time, but it won't be long. Welcome home, honey!