That is the question of the day - due to the bat incidents in our suite earlier this year, Amanda, Bethany, and I might have to get rabies shots. So says the PA Dept of Health per Zerbe to us. Yikes. I hope not. The bats never even made it to my side of the suite, so I shouldn't have to get the shots. However, since the bats could have been in the room while Manda and Bethany were sleeping, they potentially could have bitten them in their sleep and they could have rabies. All very hypothetical. A month after the bats were there. Sheesh. I think the plan right now is to get blood tests to even see if they need the shot series and then go from there.
Today was class, class, lunch, and then an observation at Mercer MS for my Exceptionalities class. For two hours I was able to help out in the learning support room (social studies and math) and then I had the opportunity to go to the autistic center and work with kids there. It was amazing - by far my favorite part of the day. Seeing these kids work with their teachers and the routine of the day was awesome. They all were working hard on their manners and kept coming by to introduce themselves, shake my hand, and ask me a question. My favorite was a boy who really really liked Garth Brooks and broke out into song for me when I said I didn't know his favorite song. So fun!
Then followed work for half an hour, dinner, the rabies fiasco, and lots of organizing, planning, and e-mailing for Spanish/French tutoring which is finally going to start up tomorrow. Hopefully the RE's will stop soon and the schedule will be somewhat set for the semester.
Tomorrow in C.S. Lewis, we start reading The Abolition of Man, which is the book I'm most excited about to read this semester for that class. And once we're done with that - Narnia!
No comments:
Post a Comment