Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Reformation Day!

Oh sad day. The last Halloween at Grove City where there will be donuts and cider in the quad with people wishing each other Happy Reformation Day. Last Halloween at GCC where Ryan B. will dress up as Luther and post his 95 Theses on the large and formidable doors of HAL. Last Halloween for all this very small, Christian college tradition. Last Halloween for me to laugh at it all while experiencing it. Sometimes I can't believe the traditions we have here...

This also marks the beginning of a very busy but fun weekend! I have a Halloween party tonight, a teacher's portfolio workshop tomorrow morning, a badminton match and HSM3 tomorrow afternoon, and then As You Like It and the Goulish Gourd Festival (aka carving pumpkins) tomorrow evening. Well, actually, I guess basically tomorrow is busy. And this weekend is daylight savings time. I'm very ready to 'fall back'.

1 comment:

Claudia Gerwin said...

Your uncle wrote me, very incensed because I hadn't sent him any of the DC pictures - so I sent them, and the ones from last winter as well - I'm sure they will be up soon on his desktop. 2 weeks!!!!!!