Thursday, October 9, 2008

I speak Pirate!

Today, after a lovely morning of C.S. Lewis and seeing Sarah speak about her summer in Romania at chapel (yay Sarah! You were amazing!), a pretty normal day followed - class, lunch, class (in which I received my pop-midterm back, a very respectable A), then some putzing, a quick trip to the bank, dinner, tutoring, and homework (I just finished). (Yes, I know that was a horrid run-on, I just don't feel like fixing it.)

At dinner tonight, I learned the facebook comes in Pirate now! Arrrr!

At the bottom where there's a language option, you can change your language to Pirate! It's pretty amusing - I'm sure it will have my attention for at least the next 30 mins...or days... Instead of Home, it says "Home Port." It keeps going on with others, I just haven't figured out them all yet. Some are listed below for your amusement (regular English on the left):

Friends - Me Hearties/Mateys
Messages - Bottle o' Messages
Log out - Abandon Ship
Notifications - Ahoy There!
Requests - Naggins
Wrote on your wall - Scrawled on yer plank
Info -Swag
See all - Peer into the depths
See photos - Spy portraits o'(someone's name here)
Videos - Spy bewitched portraits o'(someone's name here)
Send message - Cast (name) a message
Poke - Skewer
Edit info - Mangle me litany

Basically, I could go on and on. It's hilarious. I'm actually sitting in HAL right now trying very hard not to laugh out loud. I wonder if facebook will be translated to Ninja next...

No comments: